Skip to main content

Oatmeal and Raisin cookies

Hello friends,

I think I am going through a bit of a cookie phase at the moment, I love having sweet treats that I can grab when peckish, and not feel too guilty about eating them. Today I have experimented with a new Oatmeal and Raisin cookie - there are a few cookies I reach for automatically when a choice is in front of me, and this combination is up there with chocolate chip and Smarties cookies as one of my favourite. I am a texture person, and this has a really chewy soft texture which I adore.





For my cookies I used some muscovado sugar, rather than all white sugar and a duck egg rather than hen egg as this leads to a moister, richer cookie.

Ingredients:

115g softened butter
100g light muscovado sugar 
25g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g plain flour 
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
120g breakfast oats
120g raisins

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180C/   170 fan assisted and line two baking trays with parchment.

In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in the egg until well mixed. Add the vanilla, then in a second bowl mix together the flour and soda. Pour this into the wet mix and beat.

Add the oats and raisins and mix until you have a fairly consistent batter. Using a tablespoon, put spoonfuls of batter onto the baking tray, making sure you leave room for the cookies to spread whilst cooking. If you want to make sure they spread less, put the batter in the fridge for an hour before this step.

Place in the oven for 10 minutes. When they come out they will look under baked, but that is fine. Leave them on the baking tray for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack. When cool, sit back and enjoy! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bourbon Chocolate Brownies

There seems to be a bit of a trend at the moment for brownies with all kinds of sweets and biscuits added to the top to give an extra dimension to these absolute classic bakes. Doing the rounds on Instagram which caught my eye were Bourbon brownies, in particular Frances Quinn's version (Former GBBO winner). Her food imagination and photography is always beautiful and well worth checking out. I have used my own brownie recipe which combines cocoa and melted dark chocolate topped with neat rows of Bourbons, making a brownie which perfectly compliments a good cup of tea. Time to get dunking! Ingredients: 220g butter 180g caster sugar 150g light muscovado sugar 50g cocoa powder 50g dark chocolate (70%) 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 120g plain flour 1 packet of Bourbons - I used 13 ontop of my batter, but you can add more or less depending on how you want your brownies to look. Method: Preheat your oven to 180C/ 160C fan assisted and line a brownie tin. In ...

Giant Ferrero Rocher cake

Hello friends.  A few weeks ago my lovely friend Liz posted a link to me of a lady who had created an awesome giant Ferrero Rocher cake (this is her blog filled with fantastic bakes - http://www.sugarhero.com/) , and then the challenge was born. Liz and her husband Matt had their first child 6 months ago and today marked his Dedication day, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to attempt the bake (and it had the up side of having lots of people there to eat the cake!).  This was really fun to make, but I did it slowly over a week or so and whilst it looks like a Rocher inside it doesn't have a giant hazelnut  and creamy filling, but instead layers of chocolate cake and hazelnut  mousse. The biggest tip I have for you, if you want to try this special bake, is make sure you have some form of cake release in your chocolate sphere moulds. The trickiest part of this creation I found was tempting the delicate shells away from the plastic mo...

Visiting MADRID

Hello friends, Over the past couple of years I have visited Madrid more times than I can remember, for long weekends and at the start and end of holidays. I feel like I know parts of the city very well, but like any capital there is always more to see. I could probably write an essay about Madrid as a whole so for this post I wanted to introduce you to my favourite place to visit - I go here at least once per trip to Spain, and I hope you will want to visit it too if you are ever in the neighbourhood. The Mercado de San Miguel In English this translates to the market of San Miguel, and it is located in the older part of the city, very close to the Royal Palace, Opera Square and Plaza Mayor (all places that are also deserving of a visit). In a nut shell, this is a glass building which inside contains a very wide array of stalls with many of the different delicious types of food and drink that Madrid has to offer.  The beauty of this market is that within o...